fire fighting training in johannesburg
Do you need fire fighting training in johannesburg? Contact Alisha Training Consultants. We provide quality education and training in Machinery, Health and vocational training to potential learners and clients.
For the Best Mining and Construction Machinery Operator Skills Training, Vocational and Artisan Skills Training. Every client is very special so is handled and trained to the best of their ability.
Accommodation for our long distance learners is available. Our Courses are Tailor made for Empowerment as well as Self-development and are designed to fit the Job market.
We are fully accredited and registered and our experienced and highly qualified facilitators are available to provide the best training to every individual that is trained to the best of their abilities.
Feel free to contact us on the above numbers as our consultants are at your call to provide immediate assistance.
fire fighting training in johannesburg , We offer Theory, Video and Practical training sessions to enable the learner to understand and grasp the skills to their fullest.
Flexible payment arrangements can be organized as well as flexible study times as per the learner’s convenience.
Looking forward to your enrolment with us and thank you for choosing Alisha Training Consultants for being a part of your future endeavors
Fire Fighting Training course modules
Unit Standard No: 12484
Unit Standard Credits: 4
NQF Level: 2
Modules for firefighter course and their duties and responsibilities include
• Study unit 1: Types of Fires
o Definition of a fire
o Elements of a fire
o Classification of fire
o Conditions of a fire
o Common sources of heat
o Transmission ways in which a fire spread
• Study unit 2: Fire Prevention
o Goals of fire prevention
o Fire hazards
o Preventative measures
• Study unit 3: Housekeeping
o Why is good housekeeping important?
o General housekeeping guideline
o Do’s and Don’ts
• Study unit 4: Fire Fighting
o Know the use of different types of fire extinguishers
o How to operate a fire extinguisher?
o Fire hoses
• Study unit 5: Fighting Fire
o Make the correct decision in the process of fighting a fire
o Fighting a fire
o Fighting the fire
o Procedure after the fire
o Handing over to the emergency services
o Methods of extinguishment
Outcome after the training
• Discuss and explain procedures for dealing with fires in the workplace.
• Identify the type of fire, its context and select the appropriate firefighting procedure.
• Identify, select and check appropriate firefighting and safety equipment
• Reports on status of fire and equipment are completed.
• Retreat from fire site and hand over to appropriate personnel
• Report/record status of fire and equipment